:: What do with the leftover plastic medicine cups? ::
Over the past few years we must have gone through over a dozen of those little plastic cups that come with liquid medicine. You know the one that holds that awful cough medicine you kids can smell from a mile away. I started recycling the extra cups until I found a few re-purpose uses for them.
- Add a straw when serving up medicine in the cup. The fun of a straw helps the medicine go down! At least most of the time.
- They are the perfect size for those 'I need a drink' and 'I'm thirsty' late night requests.
- A great trainer for your toddler to practice drinking without a lid. And if he spills, it's only 2 tablespoons and not half a cup.
- Replace the paper cups in the bathroom with a few. Then just toss in the dishwasher to clean and re-use.
- Paint cups.
- Sort or count small items with your pre-schooler. Each cup will hold about 6 Cheerios. Also try beans, pasta, beads, pebbles, marbles, pennies, etc. (As appropriate by age.)
Have any other ideas? Share them in the comments section below.
Don't forget to hit the envelope button and pass this tip on to a friend or two.
Thanks for all the great feedback we've received on these Mom Tips. It's been a fun new venture for me. I look forward to hearing and sharing your tips as well. Email them to me anytime and we'll get them in the loop.